Skinny jeans have long since passed their ‘ trend’ label and are known a bonafide staple for both men and women. But, despite their popularity, many men still find rocking this modern denim style a challenge. From picking the perfect pair to partnering it with the right items, styling skinnies can undoubtedly cause confusion and stress. Thankfully, we’re here to help. Below is our expert advice on how to wear men’s skinny jeans for a fashionable look.
Few tips for wearing skinny jeans properly.
Know Your Proportions
No two men are alike, and body proportions are significant when choosing which skinny jeans will complement you. For more slender gentlemen, opt for looser, more standard versions of the skinny jean – this will ensure your shape is not overly exaggerated. For those with more proportioned builds, keep in mind that more fitted styles can be worn, but consider a roll-up of the hems to balance out your fit.
It’s All About Fit
We cannot stress that you need to try your jeans on before you commit to incorporating them into your looks. The fit is everything, so we encourage you to try on as many pairs as possible. Everyone’s got different proportions. Keep in mind that skinny jeans do not necessarily have to be ‘spray on’ in fact, a slim cut straight leg jean may be perfect to give a fitted aesthetic without the leg strangling hardships of tight denim.
You may like them or hate them but they are considered a much-needed item. Skinny jeans have the ability to be dressed up and given a mature look. Thus, we present our top 5 tips for wearing skinny jeans:
• Know your sizes: No one’s the same, and body size is vital when choosing which skinny jeans will fit you. For slender gentlemen, opt for looser, more standard kinds of the skinny jeans. For those with more balanced builds, observe that more fitted styles can be worn, but try a roll-up of the hems to balance out your fit.
• Fit is key: you must always try on your jeans before you buy them for keeps. Try on as many pairs as you can. Remember that skinny jeans do not necessarily have to be stick on; actually, a slim cut straight leg jean may be perfect to give a fitted aesthetic without discomfort.
• Know your brands: Sometimes, the brand makes all the difference. Splurge on good denim, because it will last.
• Ripped skinny is great: Ripped jeans add some more texture and in some cases, more versatility to skinny jeans. Skinny jeans that feature holes and cuts will balance out your silhouette effectively as well as alluding a less serious look when it comes to fit. Try out simple rips on both knees for added dimension and a simpler attempt of this trend.
• How to don the trend: For casual styles, try loose t-shirts and plain sneakers. Observe the fit of the jeans and the way it looks on your body. Trust your gut and choose styles that support your proportions and features. Straight cut skinny jeans feature a refined touch and are great for evening looks.